Thursday, September 27, 2012

….Be Silent and a Time to Speak (Ecclesiastes 3:7)




I thought I was going to have to entitle this post “…Be Born and a Time to Die (Ecclesiastes 3:2)” because I’ve had a rough patch since Sunday evening.

I woke up some time in the middle of the night after the Mushroom Feast (see previous post) and felt that the Guelphs and Ghibellines were in my throat having a serious sword fight.  I’m serious - I think swallowing double-edged razor blades would just about describe how my throat felt. 

And the next day when I was able to drag myself out of bed and speak to Missy Kitty, I found that I had no voice.  As everyone knows, the best treatment for laryngitis is vocal rest, so for the first time in my life I was actually able to maintain silence.

Unfortunately that did not keep the cold viruses from marching up into my head and down into my lungs, so for about three days I’ve been lingering in a bleary limbo, with a short incident of fever-induced delirium or hallucination (I’m not sure which) on Night Two thrown in just to keep things interesting.

So as a tribute to the beauty of silenzio – I give you these photos I’ve taken on the mornings that I’ve woken up in the clouds………….


 








But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.
Habakkuk 2:20





2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better now. Let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita you are a gifted photographer. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete